GDPR-compliant recruiting with eRecruiter
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018, affects anyone who collects and/or processes personal data. This includes data from applicants, which means there is a clear need for action in recruiting.
The following types of personal data may be relevant in the recruiting process:
- Personal data (such as name, address, date of birth, contact details, CV)
- Sensitive data (such as racial & ethnic origin, political opinion, religious affiliation, trade union affiliation, biometrics, health data, sexual orientation data)
- Confidential data (such as character references)
eRecruiter recruiting software ensures that applicant data is handled in compliance with the GDPR, saving you resources and money.
eRecruiter provides the necessary framework conditions for GDPR-compliant collection and processing of applicant data, thus promoting a positive candidate journey:
- Personal applicant data can be automatically anonymised according to individual requirements (right to deletion/right to “be forgotten”)
- Data can be restored following technical or physical incidents
- The self-service zone on the Premium Applicant Portal lets applicants manage and process their own data (right to correction, right to information, right to data portability)
- The separation of data protection information and declaration of consent lets you set up a real talent pool in compliance with the GDPR (right to information on data collection, right of objection, right to restriction of data processing)
Data protection at eRecruiter
It is important to us at eRecruiter GmbH that the relationship with our customers and eRecruiter users is one built on mutual trust. In order to achieve this and to protect your rights and freedoms regarding your personal data, we implement appropriate legal, technical, and organisational security and protection measures.